The Academy of Philanthropy in partnership with the Center for the Study of Philanthropy & Public Good at the University of St Andrews and Cass Business School, City University London is hosting a breakfast roundtable. This exclusive convening of visionaries, policy makers, and philanthropists aims to deliberate on breaking down the barriers between cultures and communities and leveraging philanthropy, partnerships and social investments for building stronger and prosperous communities.
The discussion will cover the following key topics:
- Contextualizing the dynamics of communities, post-Brexit
- The Theory of Change in Community Transformations. Investment for lasting change § Key Impacts of Philanthropy and City Partnerships
- Expectations and challenges of partnerships with Philanthropy
- Case Studies: Best practices in city and community impact from around the world
Creating opportunites for engaged philanthropy where intellectual and financial capital is linked with the community capital to tackle social, racial, and economic challenges.
The initaitives developed in result will aim at achieving two key objectives:
- Engaging citizens in pooled giving to develop their capacity as the community leaders.
- Promoting strategic partnerships between cities, donors, and social investors to enable councils to operate as the hubs of community impact.