The Centre for Charitable Giving and Philanthropy presents an expert seminar on current moral challenges for charities, their donors and beneficiaries.
The seminar will cover:
- The challenges of meeting the public's ethical expectations of charity
- The extent to which charity's moral standing is being questioned through rarely-explored uncertainties around donor intentions, beneficiary rights and charity practice as a means of distributing welfare
- The question of whether charitable givers and receivers are open to moral thinking
The event will be chaired by Professor Nicholas Deakin, University of Birmingham.
Other speakers include:
- Professor John Edwards, University of London
- Baroness O'Neill of Bengarve CH CBE FBA
- Nick Acheson
- Beth Breeze
- Dan Corry
- David Gold
- Jenny Harrow
- John Mohan
- Cathy Pharoah
- Colin Rochester
- Balihar Sanghera
Lunch will be provided and guests are encouraged to book early here.